COVID-19 Awareness and perception survey - Survey results
COVID-19 is a new type coronavirus dangerous to humans more than typical strains of seasonal flu. The virus outbreak started late in 2019 in Chinese city of Wuhan. Since then the virus has spread globally to virtually all countries in the world. This wide spread infection is called pandemic. Individual countries have adopted own set of rules to slow down the infection rate and protect its citizens. Many countries have applied various forms of quarantines. Some have made it mandatory to wear facial mask or respirators. Various service providers and shop types have been allowed to run emergency mode or were completely or partially closed during this time.
1) Are you using any type of respiratory system protection?
|Yes, I am using a homemade mask||4|
|Yes, I am using a store purchased mask||26|
|Yes, I am using a homemade respirator||3|
|Yes, I am using a store purchased respirator||4|
|No, I do not feel like I should use any||7|
2) Are you using any type of visual system (eyes) protection?
|Yes, I am using dioptric glasses||12|
|Yes, I am using non-dioptric glasses||6|
|Yes, I am using special protective glasses||5|
|Yes, I am using shield to protect my eyes||3|
|No, I do not need eye protection||17|
|No, because I was not able to purchase any||1|
3) Do you use disinfection to clean your home?
|Yes, I disinfect my home||33|
|No, because I was not able obtain any disinfection||6|
4) Is your workspace disinfected by your employer?
|Yes, my employer disinfects the workspace||25|
|No, but I disinfect at least the area I work in||15|
Using plastic gloves is a practice adopted by many shops and service providers that remain open. The gloves are then safely disposed or disinfected and used again if possible. This protects the user from getting the virus on his/her hands.
5) Do you use or carry gloves for events like shopping etc.?
|Yes, I have reusable gloves that I disinfect||11|
|Yes, I use single usage gloves||16|
|Yes, I use them when I am provided with them||10|
|No, I was not able to purchase any||2|
|No, I do not feel the need||5|
6) Do you personally know someone infected with the COVID-19 corona virus?
|Yes, a person I share my home with||20|
|Yes, a colleague working in the same office||14|
|Yes, a friend of mine||21|
|Yes, my family member||13|
|Yes, a client I must get in touch with||15|
|I have a suspicion, but it was not confirmed||16|
The COVID-19 virus outbreak counter measures will have significant economic impact worldwide. The travel industry and gastro industries will be among the ones which will suffer the hardest revenue decrease. On the other hand, goods transport and e-commerce industries are experiencing sales spike.
7) Are you worried that the current situation will impact your career or business?
|Yes, by large extent||28|
|Yes, by medium extent||14|
|Yes, but by minimal extent||1|
8) What do you think that will be 1-3-year term impacts of the virus outbreak?
|Localization of the goods production from Asia||28|
|Limited travel possibilities||14|
|World will return to state before the outbreak||2|
9) If there would be a possibility to get vaccinated for the COVID-19 would you be willing to purchase the vaccine from your personal savings?
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 50 USD||1|
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 100 USD||9|
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 200 USD||13|
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 500 USD||7|
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 1000 USD||6|
|Yes, if the vaccine is up to 10000 USD||3|
|Yes, even if the price would be above 10000 USD||3|
|No, the government should provide the vaccines||1|
|No, I have a big confidence in my immunity system||1|
As of the date of creation of this survey the COVID-19 corona virus epicenters have been in primarily in Asia (China), United States, western Europe (Spain, Germany, France) and Iran.
10) In which continent do you reside?
11) Do you find it offensive when the COVID-19 coronavirus is referred to as a China virus, Wuhan virus or CCP Virus (Chinese Communist Party virus)?
12) Do you think that the coronavirus will increase the number of newborn babies and thus create a coronavirus baby boom?
13) COVID-19 infection has been proven to have a statistically different development and mortality rate for people from different age groups. Please fill in your age group below:
If you are interested in the responses of other survey respondents go to: